Are you new to the field and want to build your skills to become an industry leading Support Worker? Or are you experienced in the industry and looking for a supportive, thriving organisation that is all about providing an amazing work experience?
At VPS, we are passionate about our purpose and empower people to lead a fulfilling life!
• A team player
• Outcome driven
• Excellent earning potential
• Access to an extensive client base to increase your working hours
• Weekly debriefing and mentoring to guide you through your journey at VPS
• Skills development and training opportunities
• Flexible work hours
• The opportunity to work amongst a great team who love to have fun!
• Free access to the gym and pool at our Preston premises.
• Minimum Qualification: Cert III or IV in Disability or related-field (PCA, Community Services, Aged Care)
• First Aid and CPR
• Access to a reliable car, a current driver’s licence and full comprehensive insurance
• Working with Children Check
• National Police Check- International Police Check if you have not lived in Australia for the last 10 years
• A passion for the disability industry
• Strong work ethic and positive can-do attitude
• Punctual and reliable
• A thirst to keep learning
• Excellent social skills
As part of our recruitment process you will be required to have pre-employment checks completed.
No previous experience necessary, just a great attitude and a willingness to learn from the best in the business.
If this is you, then please click APPLY NOW to submit a current resume, and a cover letter outlining your availability and preferred locations around Melbourne.
If you require specific support to apply for this position, please contact us. We will work with you to identify the best way to assist you.
It is a condition of your engagement that your engagement with Victoria People Solutions is subject to the operation of the Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme, as amended from time to time, which is maintained by the Department of Health and Human Services (the department). This means that you consent to Victoria People Solutions and the department collecting your personal information and sensitive personal information, including about your criminal, employment history and engagement history, for the purposes of compiling the Disability Worker Exclusion List (the List) maintained by the department and that both your conduct in relation to your engagement with Victoria People Solutions, and your conduct outside of your engagement with Victoria People Solutions, could result in you being placed on the List and could jeopardise your ability to be engaged by a disability service provider as defined in the Disability Act (Vic) as a:
Disability Worker, being a person engaged by a disability service provider who:
• provides, or supervises or manages a person who provides, direct support to a person with a disability, and has direct contact or access to a person with a disability and excluded from any work at the disability service that falls within the definition of:
Excluded Work being work at a disability service:
• as a Disability Worker, or
• that involves regular direct contact with or access to a person with a disability.
If you are placed on the List or a Notification is made about you, you agree that the department may inform any other disability service provider or authorised labour hire agency that is currently engaging you, that you are on the List, or that you are the subject of a Notification (that is, a disability service provider has notified the department that you have engaged in conduct which may fall within the List criteria).
Accordingly, you must inform Victoria People Solutions of the name and address of any other organisation you are engaged in or intend to become engaged by.